Tuesday, May 17, 2016

CS 108 - Game Study


I have been playing games since I was born. I learned how to play Chinese Chess at 3, video games at 6 and continue to discover new games around me. Game is an essential part that makes me who I am today. Therefore when I decided to choose one of the elective course, CS 108 - Game Study is my first choice, and the course even exceeds my expectation.
There are so much more purposes and types of games that I have never known before. For me, playing game is to have fun, challenge myself and earn the happiness of victory or the experience from defeat. After taking the course, I learn that some games are made so that we can understand each other, feel other people's feelings, have a environment that we can put ourselves into their position and then look at things in a different prospective.
Reading about games, watching videos about how game can benefit us help me understand more about the importance of game in our life. Then I learned about GameMaker, a software that can turn beautiful but simple ideas into a wonderful game easily. I enjoy spending my time to apply all the ideas I have had since I was a little kid to make my own games, played by my own rules.
Moreover, the final presentation helped to bring us together. I can learn what other people think about game, beautiful ideas my classmates have put into their games, and have a chance to show our game to the whole class. I feel proud making a game with my group, and the pride keeps growing when I presented it to the whole class, and take down comments, compliments, ideas I can add to. It is like creating my own world with piece by piece contributed by people around, and the feeling is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment