Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Arcade Games



At first, it was really hard for me to choose any games to play. I rarely come to arcade center and play game, as I remember I came there less than 10 times therefore all the games seem strange and not familiar at all. I looked at all the games' title and suddenly found one of my favorite childhood game: Tetris. Then, it took me five minutes to figure out how to start the game, there are three buttons on the left corner, and I need to click "Insert coin" for credit, choose "Player 1" to play for my turn. All the shapes and rules are the same, but at first I did not know how to rotate the shape, only move it right and left. I had to try every single button on my keyboard to figure out which one is used to rotate, and it turns out to be the "Control" button.

The original hardware has one big circle button to change the shape, and one control stick to move the shape right or left. The PC emulator uses arrow buttons on the keyboard for left, right movement and "Control" button for shape changing. We can also press down to make the shape go down faster. It was a little bit hard at first, but when I get used to it, all things seems simple and familiar like the game I played when I was a little boy. I am not a good Tetris player but always have fun playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment